4/11/2005

Highly Worthy

My value is not defined by your view of me. It is not even determined by my own self-image. Nor do my triumphs or failures affect the appraisal of my worth.

In an auction the highest bidder determines an item’s price. What someone is willing to pay defines the worth. Look what Christ has paid for me, I am Highly Worthy!

You may say to yourself, “I don’t deserve God’s love”, and you are right. Thank God that our salvation is not based on what we "deserve" but what we are "worth" to him. It is by His grace that we are rescued; by his love that we are made worthy. Who are you to decide your own value? God is your creator; He formed you in your mother’s womb. He has already decided what you are worth and his Son has already paid the price. You are highly worthy!


The above thoughts were inspired by a sermon preached yesterday by John Hunter. In his message he spoke on many truths; I look forward to sharing more of them with you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home