3/16/2005

Second Calling

Ryan has some faubulous truths on his blog. The first one I saw was Light for the Path: The Second Calling

I was amazed when I saw it today; in the last month I have been thinking a lot about "the second calling".

I believe the first calling is when we are called to learn the truth. We know and believe the sacrifice that Christ has made for us, the salvation we have through his Grace. We know all the facts and we believe. We really believe, but we don’t really KNOW him.

I too believe there is a "second calling” the calling to draw close to the Father, to fellowship with and minister to him. The time when we realize that our sole purpose it to glorify God, to dwell in him, to delight him. No it’s not easy to step into that second calling it’s not comfortable or “safe”. His love is a blazing glorious fire you cannot draw near the heart of the Almighty Creator without being changed. Our God is a consuming fire! Once you take that step; lay aside your personal needs and desires and accept the second calling of Christ, your heart and your priorities will never be the same. You won’t want them to be. You will only want more of him.

I have so much more to say about "The Second calling" as I've been thinking about it for quite some time. The above is just a quick thought spurred on by Ryan's Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home